January 8, 2015
One of the commonest conversations we have with customers is about the option of swapping to T5 tubes v’s changing to a new LED fitting.
To try and help we’ve created a summary of some of the things to consider when looking at led v’s t5 fluorescent tube replacement. You can download the details.
In summary there are savings to be made from swapping to T5 but there are also some hidden costs which seem to get forgotten about. There are also much greater savings from swapping to LED. Some things to consider are :-
- Ballast & re-testing costs for T5 replacments.
- Actual energy savings – LED can still save up to 50% energy costs v’s T5.
- Not all T5 tubes are as efficient as stated – depends which T8 tubes you compare them with.
- Only new LED fittings qualify for Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) which is the offsetting of the total project against corporation tax liability in the same year a project.
- T5 tubes still have a much lower life than LEDs.
- Lower operating temperatures (below 35oC adversely affect T5
If you are thinking of changing to T5 why not let us provide you with a comparison. Contact us to discuss 01594 372371
Back to News