Benefits of LED Lighting
Before we can explain why LEDs are key to the future of lighting we need first to explain
What is an LED?
LED stands for Light Emitting Diode, a bright, energy-efficient lighting component with no moving or fragile parts. Once used primarily for red on/off electronic device lights, today’s LEDs have evolved into a first class illumination solution for industrial, commercial and residential uses.
Carbonlights™ focusses on bespoke industrial and commercial lighting solutions using the best LEDs fit for purpose.
All our units use the latest LED technology from the American company Cree Inc, one of the worlds leading LED manufacturers. Carbonlights™ only use the best quality components to ensure reliability.
Welcome to the LED revolution
“Lighting accounts for around 20% of the world’s electricity consumption and 6% of green house gas emissions”. This is the equivalent of 70% of the global emissions from passengers cars. If LEDs achieved an average of 40% energy savings across the world, this would be the equivalent of $130bn, the CO2 emissions released from 642 coal power plants. In fact the energy savings possible are up to 80%.
Only LEDs can deliver this level of potential energy savings, which is why LED is the lighting technology for the future.
Why use Carbonlights LED technology?
Carbonlights manufactures a range of lights which offer significant advantages in terms of their usage, light quality, cost reduction, low environmental impact and the improved working environment that is generated.
- Up to 140,000 hrs LED life
- Excellent luminescence and colour
- Vibration resistant & robust design
- Enhanced image rendition from CCTV
- Direct replacement for existing fixtures
- Reduced wiring to new build projects
- No flicker
- Easy to clean profile
- No glass components
- No harmful pollutants
- Reduced carbon emissions
- 98% recyclable
- No disposal issues
- Up to 80% savings on electricity consumption
- Virtually maintenance free
- No infrared or ultraviolet
- Helps eliminate photosensitive epilepsy
- Independent studies show a significant reduction in workplace fatigue from using LED lighting